Overall Purpose of Job:
- The core functions include assessment, support planning, long term support arrangements, and review for customer in the community with complex needs. The post holder will be required to carry out Mental Capacity Assessments.
- To provide a social work service to an allocated caseload within the agreed performance management, quality assurance and budgetary framework and that the highest standards of service are achieved.
- To act as a member of a team providing an effective, efficient and personalised assessment, support planning, and brokerage service to adult service users, carers and their families in order to deliver the key strategic aims of the organisation and to ensure that the citizens of Newham have access to high quality services which safeguard and promote their welfare.
- To ensure people are fully supported to have the best possible opportunities and are supported to exercise choice and control to meet the outcomes they define.
Newham is a diverse borough with a young and vibrant population. There are over 270,190 Adults in the borough, coming from all corners of the world and serves one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse communities in the UK where over 100 different languages are spoken. This makes Newham an exciting and interesting place to work.
Newham Adult Social Care service provides support to adults and Carers, who may, because of the effects of ill health or disability, need support to live safely and independently. Our vision is to promote the wellbeing of people in Newham, making the best use of available resources to enable adults to live in the community independently and live safely, free from abuse and neglect. We strive to support our customers to make their own decisions, to feel safe and protected from harm, aspire to good health throughout their lives and make positive choices to maintain and improve their wellbeing.
We are seeking qualified Social Workers, who are registered with Social Work England, across all teams in Adult Social Care with a minimum of two years post qualifying experience in adult services. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities.
If you share this vision of excellent Social Work practice, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for ambitious Social Workers across all teams in Adult Social Care.
The successful applicant will need to have excellent organisational skills and be a tenacious and skilled communicator as these roles are integral to the development of integrated and co-ordinated care services.
You will work alongside a wide range of multi-disciplinary professionals, Carers, statutory and voluntary agencies connected to the care of individual customers. As such, you will be required to manage a varied caseload
This is a qualified Social Work post, so you’ll need to have a Social Work qualification and Registration with Social Work England.
- We are able to offer you excellent personal and development opportunities
- Opportunity to qualify as a Best Interests Assessor and Practice Educator
- A supportive team working environment with regular supervision from a Practice Manager or Team Manager.
- Access to a wide range of formal and informal CPD activities underpinned by a performance appraisal scheme and career progression pathway.
- A clear competency and career progression framework, with accelerated progression for Social Workers
- Subsidised leisure passes
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Local Government pension scheme
- Access to smarter working / flexible working
- Latest technology by way of Mobile phones and laptops
- Parking permits / Oyster Cards
- Access to a range of discounts and offers on entertainment, finance, health, motoring, shopping and travel.
For more information please contact Nicola Hyde, Adults Recruitment Specialist on 0203 373 1457 or email email@example.com
Application are vetted weekly and we will be in touch with successful applications before the end date, please note we are only recruiting for Social Workers with 2+ years post qualifying experience
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
The personal information that you provide to us in this site will be used by London Borough of Newham (as the Data Controller) for the following purposes:
- email you content that you have requested from us
- contact you to deal with a specific query you have raised
- comply with any of our legal and/or regulatory obligations
- process your employment application and share information with the Human Resources department (via the Talent Link system) if you are successful.
- report of the total number of people who apply online to positions advertised